Friday, December 4, 2009

Best of Books 2009.

December 4 Book. What book - fiction or non - touched you?




This book was recently loaned to me by a new friend. It's amazing how the universe brings amazing people and situations into your life, just at the right time. The book is amazing, and resonates with me on so many levels. The concept is simple, but oh so powerful. I am struggling with how to describe the book and do it justice. In a nutshell, it's about the power of raising our vibrational level, being able to step out of seeing ourselves as victims, seeing all of the people in our lives as partners in healing, healing from severe illnesses through forgiveness - which causes a shift in energy and allows great things to happen, the release of stuck energy caused by both forgiving and being forgiven, and seeing the perfection in seemingly imperfect situations and relationships, etc.

I can definitely apply this book in my personal life, in situations big and small; but to think of the concept being applied throughout the world blows my mind. Talk about the possibilty of world peace...I can start with me, and if you did it as well, think of the change that could happen....Like the shampoo commercial (the brand is escaping me - was it even shampoo?), and she told two friends.... and so on, and so on.....I don't know if I did a great job of conveying the message, but pick it up if you haven't read it, it's worth the read.



On a slightly less deep note, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Twilight Saga. I read the books, I'll admit it...I'm not ashamed! It was a blissful 5 or 6 days of pure escapism. I devoured the books. I read, and read, and read. My husband came home 2 days in a row with the next book in the series for me. Now that's a great husband! I have since put my books into circulation, and my friends are enjoying them as much as I did. Those are a few of my best reads of 2009.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are lovely. thanks for taking the time to comment.