Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Best Restaurant Moment 2009.

December 2. Restaurant moment. Share the best restaurant experience you had this year.

My moment has nothing to do with how great the food was, or how fancy the restaurant was. It has more to do with the company that I was in. I had three nights with my Grandparents and it was fabulous! I don't get to spend as much time with them as I would like, and this was several days of visiting F-U-N. We kicked around at the harbor, went to the pier, and walked along a beautiful beach path or two. And while the entire visit was great, the night at the restaurant stands out. Maybe it's because Grandma joined us for a margarita? That was a nice surprise... and I love surprises! {Hope Grandma doesn't mind a good surprise, like seeing her picture on my blog}.




Grandma enjoying a margarita that's as big as her!


Time spent with friends and family is one of the things that I cherish most. I'm just as easily wowed by a meal at home with them, as I am out at a restaurant {besides, my husband is a great cook!}. One of the most beautiful things about 2009 for me, was the time spent with those I love. Getting back to what really matters. That it's not about going out and spending money. It's about laughter, good times, getting creative, good food, a great circle of trust, and love. Don't get me wrong...we love a good night out at a great restaurant, this has just been a year filled with lots of reflection. And I am thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are lovely. thanks for taking the time to comment.