Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little Bits.



Five things about me.

My husband and I got my Grandpa's old VW bus and restored it. We loved it, and it taught us so much about ourselves and what we were capable of. Sadly, we had to sell it in 2007. We called it Pappy, and we don't go a day without thinking about it.

That's my dog in the bus in the photo above. He had a love/hate relationship with the bus...he loved it, but really missed being able to put his head out the window while riding. I know this is really about the dog, not me...but he is my only child (so far) - I adore him and love to talk about him. See now? That was about me ;)

The curtains you see in the photo are the first thing I had ever sewn. They turned out great, and I discovered that I kinda like sewing!

I met my dearest on a blind date. Set up by our friends. The text I got on our date was, hot or not? My answer?....Hot. The rest is history.

My husband and I got married two years to the day of our first date. So we are about to celebrate our 5th and 7th anniversary.

I just wanted to share a bit about me, with you. Thank you for coming over and hanging with me. I so appreciate it. Maybe I will keep up with the tidbits...we oughta get to know each other if we're going to keep meeting like this. Right? Tell me something about yourself. I'd love to get to know you better.



3 comments:

  1. i love the curtains !! my husband and i long for a vw bus that we can take to music festivals. currently, we mash in all our tent gear and his drum kit into our small mazda 3 sport hatchback and its so not convenient, especially when it rains. i wonder if i can write it off as a business expense, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i long for a vw bus and a bug and a... you get the picture ;)

    a few things about me... hmmmm...

    my oldest son was 6 months old at my wedding. he wore the cutest little suit. adorable.

    i also love my dog. my mom introduces him as her youngest grandchild. he is very special.

    i love love love painting my toe nails with bright colors. normally i'm an earth tone kind of girl, but not when it comes to my toe nails!

    sometimes i get depressed. and when i do i like to be by myself. i like to work it out on my own.

    that's all i can come up with right now!

    love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dar, I say yes you can write if off! But don't quote me on that ;) I loved my curtains, and I'm sure that the guy who bought it didn't keep them in there. I should have asked to keep them!

    Mindy thanks for sharing some tidbits about you with me, I feel honored. I have bright turquoise toenails right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

you are lovely. thanks for taking the time to comment.